President & Chief Operating Officer
A leader with vast experience helping mid-market companies accelerate growth, Brian joined Copaken Brooks in 2014 as President and Chief Operating Officer. In this role, Brian leads the Executive Committee in developing corporate strategy and is primarily responsible for driving the execution of these strategies to deliver results. He is primarily focused on expanding service delivery capabilities in acquisition, development, management, brokerage, finance, marketing, HR, and IT.
Brian has built his career helping large and small growth-oriented organizations accelerate business performance. Prior to joining Copaken Brooks, Brian was CEO for a mid-market manufacturing company, with a branded global retail network and distribution through retailers such as Target, Walmart, Costco and Sam’s Club. He successfully developed and executed a strategic growth plan that led to the company being acquired by private equity.
Prior to this, Brian spent 10 years as a partner and founding member of MarketSphere, where he helped grow an emerging business consulting firm until being acquired by Grant Thornton. While at MarketSphere, he helped mid-market and Fortune 1000 clients increase value by transforming aspects of their business to drive revenue and reduce operating costs. Before MarketSphere, Brian spent over 10 years as a business and technology consultant with global firms Arthur Andersen, Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), and Xerox Business Services, where he helped clients achieve greater results through higher performing sales, marketing, finance, IT, operations, supply chain, and human capital functions.
- Association for Corporate Growth, Member
- American Cancer Society-Midwest, Past Advisory Board Member
- Gillis Home for Children, Past Board Director and Executive Committee
- Kansas City Sports Commission and Foundation, Board Director and Executive Committee, Chair Marketing and Sales Committee
- St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Parish, Member
- Ingram’s Magazine “40 under 40”
- Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Centurions Leadership Program
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Corporate Achievers Award
- Rotary International, Paul Harris Fellow
- Princeton University, B.A. Economics with an emphasis in Finance