Bucky Brooks has a well-deserved reputation as one of the most dynamic forces in the Kansas City corporate real estate market. He leads the firm’s transaction services, which include office, retail and industrial leasing, investment acquisitions and sales, brokerage, tenant representation, and corporate services.
A 30-year industry veteran, Bucky has been involved in many of the area’s largest and most notable lease transactions. He was a key player in one of the largest brokered lease transactions ever completed in the greater Kansas City area: a 486,000 square foot headquarters office lease for Burns & McDonnell. In addition, he has completed transactions throughout all 50 states and Canada. Other notable transactions include headquarters relocations for Harte-Hanks, Lockton Companies, Cunningham Lindsey, National Bank of Kansas City, Huntleigh McGehee, QC Holdings, Top Innovations, and Netsmart Technologies.
Bucky is a three-time Largest Dollar Volume Transaction award winner from the global Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR). He is a two-time REALTOR of the Year from the Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS. Bucky’s considerable talents help make Copaken Brooks one of the most complete full-service commercial real estate firms in the region.
Prior to forming Copaken Brooks in September 2010, Bucky was the founder and president of First Scout Realty Advisors, a Kansas City-based national tenant representation firm, where he was the owner and top revenue producer for 20 years.
Professional Designations & Awards
- KC Chamber Small Business of the Year, 2013
- 40 Under Forty, Ingram’s Magazine
- Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS® (SIOR), Office and Industrial Specialist
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- LEED AP, U.S. Green Building Council
- REALTOR® of the Year, Greater Kansas City Board of REALTORS®
Civic & Professional Engagement
- Union Station Kansas City, Board Member
- Harvard University REAI Alumni Board Member
- KCADC, Real Estate Advisory Council Co-Chair
- Truman Medical Centers, Past Board Chair
- SIOR Western MO/KS Chapter, Past President
- CCIM Kansas City Chapter, Past President
- KCRAR Commercial Alliance, Past President
- Young Entrepreneurs’ Organization (YPO), Past President
- Southern Methodist University, B.B.A. Real Estate/Regional Science
- Harvard Graduate School of Design, A.M.D.P. Real Estate