When others see complexity, Keith Copaken visualizes the pieces that need to fit together in order to be successful. Whether it’s leasing, development, management, or investment, Keith is active in the entire spectrum of real estate services.
Notable career accomplishments include procurement of Perceptive Software’s world headquarters for City Center Lenexa, structuring the joint venture and third-party debt for the Plaza Colonnade, and the addition of Nordstrom to Oak Park Mall. Currently, Keith is leading the efforts on City Center Lenexa, a 2 million square foot mixed-use, new urbanism, retail, civic, office, and residential development in Lenexa, Kan. He is also overseeing the master planning and development of land along College Boulevard in Overland Park.
Since graduating from the University of Pennsylvania in 1986 and the University of California, Berkeley in 1988, Keith has been integrally involved in Copaken Brooks’ 4 million square foot office and retail portfolio, as well as the firm’s governance and strategic direction. Over the years, he has worked with many retailers including Nordstrom, Target, Dillard’s, Wal-Mart, and J.C. Penney Company to name a few.
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Johnson County Reappraisal Advisory Committee
- Overland Park Chamber of Commerce, Past Chairman
- University of Missouri-Kansas City Board of Trustees
- University of Missouri-Kansas City Real Estate Committee
- Urban Land Institute Commercial & Retail Development Council
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of California, Berkeley