Bucky Brooks has a well-deserved reputation as one of the most dynamic forces in the Kansas City real estate market. He leads the firm’s investment acquisitions and transaction services, which include office, retail and industrial leasing, sales, brokerage, tenant representation, and corporate services.
A 34-year industry veteran, Bucky has been involved in many of the area’s largest and most notable lease transactions. In addition, he has completed transactions for national clients throughout all 50 states and Canada. Select recent clients include Waddell and Reed, Harte-Hanks, Lockton Companies, Cunningham Lindsey – United States, and Netsmart Technologies.
Bucky’s recent projects include the development of Midwest Gateway, a $32 million class A 487,000 square foot industrial high cube distribution complex at the BNSF Intermodal Distribution Facility in Edgerton, Kansas, and the investment sale of Addison Tech Center, $31 Million Class A light industrial park in suburban Dallas.
Bucky is a three-time Largest Dollar Volume Transaction award winner from the global Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR). He is a two-time REALTOR of the Year from the Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS. Bucky’s considerable talents help make Copaken Brooks one of the most complete full-service commercial real estate firms in the region.
Prior to forming Copaken Brooks in September 2010, Bucky was the founder and president of First Scout Realty Advisors, a Kansas City-based national tenant representation firm, where he was the owner and top revenue producer for 20 years.
Professional Designations & Awards
- Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS® (SIOR), Office and Industrial Specialist
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- LEED AP, U.S. Green Building Council
- KC Chamber Small Business of the Year, 2013
- REALTOR® of the Year, Greater Kansas City Board of REALTORS®
- 40 Under Forty, Ingram’s Magazine
Civic & Professional Engagement
- Union Station Kansas City, Board Member
- Harvard Alumni Real Estate Board Member
- KCADC, Real Estate Advisory Council Co-Chair
- Truman Medical Centers, Past Board Chair
- SIOR Western MO/KS Chapter, Past President
- CCIM Kansas City Chapter, Past President
- KCRAR Commercial Alliance, Past President
- Young Entrepreneurs’ Organization (YPO), Past President
- City of Mission Hills, Kansas, Former Council Member
- Southern Methodist University, B.B.A. Real Estate/Regional Science
- Harvard Graduate School of Design, A.M.D. Real Estate